The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Rejoice O Israel!

I was totally captivated by this song when it was first presented last year to commemorate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Rosh Hashanah is a day of spiritual awakening. The ram's horn (shofar) is blown, followed by 10 days of repentance and reflection for the people of Israel. Today's presentation was the best by far, accompanied by the sounding of the shofar, giving it a truly middle eastern feel. Good timing indeed as bookings for the Israel trip opens today. I wish one day they would have it available on CD. For now, I am thankful enough to get to hear it via Quicktime. Hope it'll move you as much as it did me. Just click on the title of this post "Rejoice O Israel" and it will direct you to another page, after which you can click play on the movie clip.


Shalom (peace)!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home