The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Restoration

Restoration

Though my heart was many times shattered
Leaving my life forever altered
With each piece that was scattered
I wonder if it can ever be mended

But one day I was told
By a friend I barely know
Look, I can make all things whole
Which in seasons to come I will show

As I pick the pieces up again
I trust that all will not be in vain
But then I wondered….
If it will always leave a stain
And He spoke to me again….

Behold, I take the black, the grey and the white
And put in my wisdom, love and light
They will not remain a sorry sight
For I will make them like the beauty of a starry night

Behold the mirror of my life
Though scarred with sorrow, pain and strife
When seen through heaven’s eye
Reflects the glory of a restored life

dedicated to Chii - Apr 04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home