The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Waiting

My soul is grieved within me
The endless waiting
The relentless guessing
Has robbed me of my joy
Was it in vain that I have loved
In vain that I have cared
Your silence haunts me
Your indifference pierced my soul

I have sought to love
Thought it was complete
Only to find myself wanting
Perpetually waiting
A sign of acceptance
A simple word
Would have suffice
But there was none
Silence prevail

O wretched soul
How deceived you are
Was your love a bargain?
Was not your joy in giving?
Seek to comfort
Than to be comforted
To understand, than to be understood
To love, than to be loved
By self-forgetting you will find
A love so true, so divine

Here I am
Hanging on the precipice
Should I pursue, should I linger
Per chance you are waiting
For a messageā€¦.a call
To know that someone cares
Will I ever know
Should I restrain myself
Will it cause you to grow cold
And put out the light in your eyes
like you did mine?

O the anguish of my soul

Nay, I will not
Be there a chance
A ray of light
Pierced thru the night
My call can bring
I shall risk it all
And make that call
To see that light continue burning

A love that gives
And not demand
Have I received
And so I freely give

composed in June 04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home