The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Is there a Legion in you?

"I want someone to pluck me off the side of the road and love me with total abandon. I’m not talking about God here, not something ephemeral, but a woman, a flesh and blood woman. A woman who’ll cast out my self doubt and drive it into the lake to be drowned. A woman who thinks I’m worth everything.

Maybe I’m being selfish or overly romantic. Maybe I’m expecting too much. Maybe I have to change things before that happens.

But human love, with all its heat and tumult, with all its disappointments and triumph, is still the closet thing we have to heaven on earth." - Legion by Waiter Rant

Waiter has written an extraordinary piece with this. Lots of food for thought here. Profound and honest. Very different from his usual fare I must say. It is unconventional for him to touch on something so personal and the way he does it is simply brilliant. I shall not spoil it by revealing too much here. Hope you'll find time to read it for yourself. And while you're there, do check out the string of comments it prompted. Quite amusing really......

rk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home