The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Create Beauty Where There Is None


"I'm trying to find something beautiful to focus on in the midst of a terribly ugly situation. Sometimes, you have to look really hard. Sometimes you have to create beauty where there is none. " - Susan of VisualVoice.net


In recent weeks, we saw tragedy after tragedy, from the Middle East to America to Asia. As if that's not enough, we have some self-professing christians raining condemnation upon those who have already lost everything. In times like this, it is difficult to be remain optimistic about the future. "Sometimes you have to create beauty where there is none". I couldn't have said it any better. Susan has written a beautiful piece about what is truly important at a time when everything seems bleak and uncertain and when desparate circumstances reveal the true condition of man's heart. Read all about it in Acts Of God.

rk

2 Comments:

Blogger Visual-Voice said...

Holy cow, your blog is so pretty!

10:00 AM  
Blogger rk said...

Oh Hi! Are you Susan from VisualVoice, the one I'm quoting above?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home