The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Valleys, Mountains and the In-Betweens

This must be the longest I've been away from blogging.

There are several reasons why I have not been blogging. Firstly, there were some areas in my life that needed my attention. Second, although quite a few issues came up the past month that would have been excellent blogging topic, I simply do not have the inspiration to put them into words. There are just some moments when silence is the only appropriate word to use.

And in between, are days when there is nothing worth blogging about. Days when nothing particularly interesting happened. Actually that describes 70% of our life, or mine at least. I can't help feeling that this period of ordinary existence can be a great test of faith. I mean, we are more likely to pray and feel our dependency for God down at the valley and more likely to offer thanksgiving and praise when we are at the mountaintop. It is during the in-betweens that we forget we exist for a purpose.

I hope to be putting up something soon. That reminds me, I'll need to solve the connectivity problem of my home PC as soon as possible.

rk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home