The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Apocalypse now?

It is not a unusual these days for people to wonder if the "end of days" is near. With the recent Asian Tsunami, once again people are pondering over the possibility of it. After all, many news journalist called it a disaster of biblical proportions. Colin Powell, who served in Vietnam and rose to be the country's military chief said, "I have been in war and I have been through a number of hurricanes, tornadoes and other relief operations, but I have never seen anything like this". Even a group of Jewish forensic worker who deals with countless scenes of cranage in Israel says what they experienced back home "don't begin to compare to what is happening here" and that "only during the great flood of Genesis have there been sights like this".

Last Sunday our pastor showed us a portion of scripture which seems to predict such a catastrophe.
'There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At That time they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.'' (Luke 21:25-28)

It was also reported in last Friday's edition of Asian Wall Street Journal that an aid worker "heard stories from friends about signs from God - like a red moon in the sky that reminded him of Bible passages like Luke 21:25". Was it a coincidence or is Jesus coming back soon? I have never really taken the time to think about that. I imagine there would be massive chaos throughout the world to begin with. I mean, if the people behind the Left Behind series are right in their interpretation, millions of people would disappear in the twinkling of an aye. I fear for those who are left behind to face the great tribulation.

I am not familiar with end-times prophecy so I shall refrain from making any suggestions to avoid talking nonsense. There are hundreds of websites dedicated to studying and monitoring end-time events and some of them are pretty convincing. I find this Jewish site particularly interesting. It's only a matter of time before Bible Code Digest comes up with findings on the Asian Tsunami.

So the question of 'What will I do if Jesus appears one day. Would I be ready?" is becoming increasingly important considering all the signs that seems to show we are indeed living in the end-times.

What would you do? Are you ready for the consummation of the ages? Are you ready to meet your Creator?


rk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home