The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

2 Goldfish and A Lady

I had this bizarre dream last night. More like a nightmare I must say. It was so grotesque I shuddered thinking about it while I was taking my shower this morning. I did not know if I should laugh or cry over it. Laugh because of its peculiarity and cry because of the gruesomeness of it all.

The unfortunate thing is I remembered the details so clearly upon waking that I thought I'm gonna turn vegetarian from now on!

Here's my account of it.

I dreamt a friend of mine gave birth to 2 goldfish! I am not sure if she knew she was conceiving goldfish instead of human babies. But she seem fairly happy and excited to finally be in labour after 9 months. Hmm..... she probably didn't know. So there she was all beaming like a proud mother-to-be, that is.... until she had to face the pre-delivery procedures. No, she wasn't prepared. She couldn't have. They're not the usual labour procedures that we see in Discovery Health Channel. They were rather, ermm.....unconventional?

As she was lying there in the delivery suite, 2 doctors walked in.....and then a nurse...... who happens to be ME! The other 2 were probably a gynecologist and a vet? I don't know. Just guessing. So there I was, busy helping the doctors to prepare for the procedure. There was a tray of what looked like fish patties and a couple of huge chinese buns . I was instructed to slit open the buns and stuff them with the fish patties. I was told to place them by the side of the operating table where my friend was lying. One of the doctors then took a surgical knife, came close to my friend and took hold of her right arm. He turned her arm so that it faced upwards. Then slowly but firmly, sliced open the bottom half of her lower arm, creating a clean, straight line from the inner side of her elbow all the way to her wrist. Then he did the unthinkable! He took those buns and began stuffing them into the slit which he had just created! I gasped for breath. So did my friend. Oh how she whined and screamed. And because the buns were so huge, he had to push them in real had. Arghh!!

Now take a deep breath. You'll need it later.

Feel better?

My friend was too drained and in so much pain ..... not to mention shock, that she just laid there as though dead. I was in shock and disbelief. Too stunned to even faint. When I finally came to my senses I could only cringe in a corner and cry my eyeballs out. I had barely caught my breath when I spotted a shiny metal tray on a push trolley at the other end of the room. On it were 2 goldfishe the size of 2 tennis balls. This time I was spared the dirty job. The other guy took over. With surgical precision, he sliced open the top part of the fishes, just below the head and all way to the tail and dug out the 'inside' of the fish. The weird thing is that the fishes were still intact. But without it's exterior, the 'skin'. This time I was prepared for the worst. He walked over to my friend and started stuffing the 2 skinned fishes into her mouth! It was simply horrifying.

This is all I could remember of it.

I'm not sure how I came to the conclusion that she gave birth to goldfish instead of human babies. When I tried to recall, I couldn't find any evidence to it. But the first thing that came to my mind this morning was 'She gave birth to twin goldfish!'. The trauma must have caused me to block that part of it out of my memory. Thank God!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home