The Ragamuffin Kid

occasional rumblings of the bedraggled, beat-up and burnt-out

My Photo
Name:

I am a traveller on my way Home, passing through this little land. It's a lovely place, though nothing compared to where I'm heading, I was told. I have journeyed through several valleys. Not the kindest place I must say. But hey, I've had some "mountain top" experiences too. They made me long for Home. I heard there are no valleys at Home. I have met some fellow travellers along the way. But mostly find myself among locals. If you're local, please bear with my quirkiness. I know my accent and ways are puzzling sometimes. If you're a fellow traveller, keep going. We should be reaching soon. Bon voyage!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Can Someone Please Translate

Jesus - the bodhisattva who fulfilled his dharma, to pay for my karma, to negate samsara and achieve nirvana. - businessman and politician, Ram Gidoomal.


I thought that was a brilliant way of putting it!

It summarized what I wrote in my previous post, Everybody Needs Jesus? Maybe Not. We Asians tend to have difficulty understanding the concept of sin, righteouness and redemption. Sometimes all it takes is some proper translation to help understand these concepts.

rk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home